(aka Green Shaft) An English main crop variety and standard home and market variety. Slim pointed pods are 4-5″ long and contain 8-11 small deep green peas. Pods are almost always borne in doubles. Very heavy reliable production. Medium vines grow 24-28″ tall. Shell, 62-70 days. ±2,200 seeds/lb.
Learn to Grow Green Arrow Pea
Instructions – Peas thrive in cool weather. Sow seeds outdoors as soon as soil can be worked in spring. Seeds will germinate in 7-14 days. Double rows of peas can be planted on each side of a trellis.
- Spacing: Plant seeds 1-2 inches deep and 1-2 inches apart in rows 2 feet apart.
- Sunlight: Prefers full sun but can tolerate partial shade.
- Soil: Prefers a well-drained soil with a pH of 6.0-7.5.
- Watering: Water regularly to keep the soil evenly moist.
- Harvesting: Harvest when the pods are swollen and the peas inside are fully developed.
- Protein: Peas are high in protein, which is beneficial for growth and development.
- Fiber: They’re rich in fiber, promoting good digestive health.
- Heart Health: They contain heart-healthy minerals such as potassium, magnesium, and calcium.
- Blood Sugar Control: They have a low glycemic index, helping to control blood sugar levels.
- Vitamin C: They provide vitamin C, supporting immune health.