Introduced as Bronze Beauty by Germain’s Seed Co. Awarded the bronze medal at the 1947 All-America Selections. Hailed as “the finest, most colorful, and most delicious leaf lettuce for the home garden.” Our favorite oakleaf type. Looseleaf, 40-50 days. ±25,000 seeds/oz.
Learn to Grow Bronze Arrowhead Lettuce
Instructions – Sow continuously for a constant supply of lettuce. Best grown in cooler weather. Plant in full sun or partial shade.
- Spacing: Plant seeds 1/4 inch deep, 1 inch apart, then thin to 12-18 inches apart as they grow.
- Sunlight: Full sun to partial shade.
- Soil: They thrive in well-draining soil rich in organic matter.
- Watering: Regular watering is needed to maintain moist soil.
- Harvesting: Harvest outer leaves as needed or the whole plant when it’s mature.
- Hydration: Bronze Arrowhead lettuce is hydrating due to its high water content.
- Low Calorie: It is low in calories, making it a great choice for weight control.
- Vitamin A: This lettuce provides vitamin A which supports good eye health.
- Vitamin K: It’s rich in Vitamin K, beneficial for blood clotting and bone health.
- Heart Health: It provides folate, beneficial for heart health.