Looking for a fun way to use up extra garden peppers, green onions, and celery? This recipe is for you!!!
- Chickpea Salad:
- 1-2 cans organic garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2-3 ribs celery ribs including leaves – chopped
- 2-3 green onions – chopped
- 2-3 small sweet peppers (or one bigger one if you are growing bell peppers)
- 5 baby doll pickles – chopped
- Mayonnaise to taste (I use vegan mayonnaise)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If you are growing garlic chop some up and toss it in!
You can add some of your kale or any other firmer veggies as well…get creative with your ingredients. Sometimes I add lemon or lime juice if our tree is producing them.
Mix everything together and enjoy with crackers, on your favorite bread (we love organic sourdough), and top with your greenhouse tomatoes and lettuce. I love to just have a big scoop as is for a quick protein snack! So fresh and vibrant.